France is the latest European destination to announce new travel restrictions on U.S. travelers.
Starting September 12, (including departures from the US on September 11) non-vaccinated travelers will only be allowed to enter if their reasons for travel meet the essential travel categories set forth by France. Non-vaccinated travelers who meet the essential travel exceptions must provide one of the following documents:
- A negative NAAT test result taken within 72 hours of departure
- A negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours of departure
- Subject to testing upon arrival
- Self-quarantine for seven (7) days upon arrival into France
- Undergo NAAT testing at the end of the self-quarantine period
- Complete a certificate of travel AND a sworn health declaration formcertifying the above requirements
Also effective September 12, (including departures from the US on September 11), fully vaccinated travelers are required to provide proof of a full vaccination and a declaration form. Children under 12 years of age are exempt.